Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election History

November 5, 2008

Well, it's official..... our new president of the USA has broken the record by becoming the first African-American president this nation has ever seen. Personally I'm an Obama fan because I really think that he has fresh ideas and can change this nation for the better, but I can't really help but feel sorry for McCain. In civics today, we watched McCain's speech from last night, when the election results were announced. It was pretty sad when in the middle of his speech, people started boo-ing. I mean come on people! The guy's already lost the election, no need to rub it in his face!

You know, 50 years later in 2058, I can probably tell my grandchildren that this was the most esciting election of my life! I mean, either way, if McCain won, he'd be the oldest president ever elected, and Obama would be--i mean is--the first African-American president in history. Either way, a record's bound to be broken. I'm pubilshing this post so in 2058, if I still remember this blog, I can read about my views now, in 2008.

In a way, this election is probably the most intense election in history. I Hillary Clinton won the vote to be the Democratic candidate against Obama, and then later won against McCain, she'd be the first WOMAN president in the USA!!! But what if McCain won? Id he died if an illness while in office, America would be in the hands of SARA PALIN! Another possibility of a female president! Now no offense McCain/Palin supporters, and its not that I'm opposed to a woman president or anything, but I just don't think Palin is the 'best choice.' I mean have you guys been reading the news? She spent like $25,000 dollars on CLOTHES!!! What does that tell you?!

And also, what about Biden, Obama's running mate? We hear all these things about Palin and we hear about people' s panic if she were to become president should anything happen to McCain, but how come no one's worried about Biden? Something could happen to Obama and just as easily, Biden could become president. Why isn't anyone worried about that? Is it just because Palin's a female? If so, people who think like that is just sexist.

This is the start of a new era in the U.S. history. As Obama promised, it would be an era of change. He would make things different and improve the economical crises that threatens to throw us into another Great Depression. Can he? Will he keep his promise? This era has just begun...for better? For worse? No one knows right now. "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; Who still wonders that the dream of our founders is still alive in our time; Who still questions the power of our Democracy; Tonight is your answer." That was Obama said when he found out that he was the 44th president. He promised things will change. After all, he is the first African-American president.... things will be different. At least I hope so.

No comments: